Use the “Prev” and “Next” links to click forward or backward through the images in this gallery. [portfolio_slideshow]
Area Co-Coordinator Phyllis McGuire reports that the Denver members celebrated 26 years as a TCC chapter on July 16 at the White Fence Farm in Lakewood. Attendees answered travel quiz questions and shared stories of their travel adventures — “some funny, some poignant and some pretty amazing.” Future meetings will be on Sept. 17 when Barbara Jackson will give a presentation on Cuba, and on Nov. 19 when Evan Genaud will be the presenter. “Offbeat Caribbean” was the subject of a presentation by Jim Downs at the May meeting at The Garlic Knot restaurant. He showed photos from over 10 years of travel in the islands. See photos from both events above.
The next Denver -area TCC meeting will be held on Thursday, Sept. 17, at Café del Sol Restaurant in Lakewood (608 Garrison, tel. 303-238-7999). We met at this restaurant last year and this time we will have the larger private room. Café del Sol has a new owner, and to aid the servers and cooks, we will choose from five entrees instead of ordering from the entire dinner menu. Our options are:
- Mexican Combo Plate – one bean burrito, one cheese enchilada and one beef taco served with rice and beans.
- Grilled chicken breast served with fries and vegetable.
- Chili Relleno Plate – two green chilis stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese, dipped in batter and fried golden brown, served with rice and beans.
- Salmon Dinner – Salmon fillet served with rice pilaf and fresh vegetables
- Greek Salad – crisp greens with feta cheese, Greek olives and Greek dressing served with a warm pita. This may also be ordered with chicken or gyro meat.
All entrees cost $14, including tax and tip. There is a full bar, and any drinks will be added to the bill plus tax and tip.
Please RSVP by Monday, Sept. 14, if you plan to attend and if possible, please let me know your choice of entrée.
Program change: Barbara Jackson is not able to present at this meeting, so I will show photos and talk about Oman.
I visited Bonnie O’Leary in August. She is not able to attend meetings and sends her greetings to everyone.
Our last meeting of the year will be on Nov. 19. We will meet at the Imperial Chinese Restaurant, and Evan Genaud will present.
I hope to see you on Sept. 17!
—Phyllis McGuire, Area Coordinator