Our next quarterly meeting of the TCC Charter Chapter (Los Angeles/Orange County) will be held on Saturday, June 10, at the historic Tam O’Shanter Inn in Los Angeles, where popular presenter Bill Altaffer will share his adventures and incredible photographs of The Altay, the mountain range in Central and East Asia where Russia, Mongolia, China and Kazakhstan all converge.
The Tam O’Shanter, Los Angeles’ oldest restaurant operated by the same family in the same location, will be celebrating its 95th anniversary the month we meet! The restaurant is located just a few blocks east of Interstate 5 (Golden State Freeway), using the Los Feliz Boulevard exit from either the north or south. It is near Griffith Park to the west and Glendale to the east, and is just north of Dodger Stadium and south of the L.A. Zoo. Easy to find; if coming from the south, just stay on Interstate 5 past Downtown L.A., exiting at Los Feliz Boulevard.
Here are the meeting details:
- Date: Saturday, June 10, 2017
- Place: Tam O’Shanter Inn, 2980 Los Feliz Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90039. Tel. (323) 664-0228
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – No Host Cocktails; 12:30 p.m. – Luncheon & Program
- Cost: Members and their guests, $60 per person. Non-members (not guests), $75. Includes wine, soft drinks, tax & tip.
- Payment: No later than noon Wednesday, June 7. For late RSVP, call (818) 502-1988 or email to email@example.com
- Parking: Complimentary
- Meal Choices: (no need to pre-select, order will be taken by server): Signature Brisket Plate, Roasted Chicken, Pan Roasted Scottish Salmon or Seasonal Vegetarian Entree
Dates for 2017 Meetings
As is normal, our Charter Chapter meetings alternate between sites in Los Angeles and Orange Counties on the second Saturday of each quarter. Following our June 10 meeting in Los Angeles, we will gather next on Sept. 9 in Orange County and Dec. 9 in Los Angeles County for our Annual TCC International Holiday Luncheon.