On Saturday, Aug. 26, we were treated to a wonderful presentation on Pitcairn Island by Mark Blum from the TCC NorCal Chapter. Thank you Mark. We all thoroughly enjoyed the presentation that provided a look at the history of Pitcairn Island as well as life today on this remote island. It was great that you could join us and thank you again for your time.
Mark suggested some interesting reading for us as well as a couple of option to get there.
MV Silver Supporter
- Acquired March, 2019
- Working freighter
- 12 passengers in 6 cabins
- 3 trips/quarter from Mangareva
- Quarterly supply trip from NZ
- 18 night tour. Suspended until 2023
- 4 nights Papeete
- RT air to Mangareva
- 11 days cruising with landings on all 4 islands
- 4-day home stay on Pitcairn
- US$ 14,000/person
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, Sept. 15. Does anyone have any suggestions of a topic for this meeting? If so, please let me know. Thank you.
Talk to you soon,
Oceania/Australia Chapter Coordinator