Our next quarterly meeting of the TCC Charter Chapter (Los Angeles/Orange County) will be held on Saturday, June 11, at the historic Tam O’Shanter Inn in Los Angeles, where popular presenter Diana Trombley will share escapades and adventures she and her husband Dennis had exploring “The Many Marvels of Madagascar.”
Diana and Dennis will present photos and stories of their month-long trip to Madagascar as they discovered indigenous peoples and sacred tombs; geological wonders including the surreal and treacherous limestone “Forest of Knives” as well as an amazing diversity of flora and fauna, including (of course) … the world-famous and adorable lemurs!
The Tam O’Shanter, Los Angeles’ oldest restaurant operated by the same family in the same location, will be celebrating its 100th anniversary the month we meet! The restaurant is located just a few blocks east of Interstate 5 (Golden State Fwy.), using the Los Feliz Blvd. exit from either the north or south. It is near Griffith Park to the west and Glendale to the east and is just north of Dodger Stadium and south of the L.A. Zoo. Easy to find; if coming from the south, just stay on Interstate 5 past Downtown L.A., exiting at Los Feliz Blvd.
Here are the meeting details:
- Date: Saturday, June 11, 2022
- Place: Tam O’Shanter Inn, 2980 Los Feliz Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90039. Tel. (323) 664-0228
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – No Host Cocktails; 12:30 p.m. – Luncheon & Program
- Cost: Members and their guests, $65 per person. Non-members (not guests), $75. Includes coffee, tea, tax & tip.
- Payment: No later than noon Wednesday, June 5. For late RSVP, call (818) 502-1988, or email to email@example.com, or mail to 1431 Columbia Drive, Suite 200, Glendale, CA 91205-3505, or fax to (818) 502-9040.
- Parking: Complimentary
- Meal Choices: Signature Brisket Plate, Smoked Chicken, Pan Roasted Scottish Salmon or Seasonal Vegetarian Entree