Our next quarterly meeting of the TCC Charter Chapter (Los Angeles/Orange County) will be held on Saturday, Sept. 10, when we travel once more to the waterfront for a gathering at the Newport Beach Yacht Club.
Popular presenter Tom Getz will take us on an exotic and fascinating journey to the South Pacific with stops in Micronesia (Palau), Polynesia (Tahiti and Samoa) and Melanesia (the Solomon Islands and the Trobriands).
The Newport Beach Yacht Club is located on the mainland just before crossing the bridge to Balboa Island. For easiest access from Pacific Coast Highway (in either direction), turn south onto Bayside Drive and continue to the NBYC, on your right, at the intersection of Jamboree Road. Note: Taking Jamboree south from PCH to Bayside is NOT recommended as an awkward and dangerous right turn and U-turn is required to enter the parking lot.
Here are the meeting details:
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022
- Place: Newport Beach Yacht Club, 1099 Bayside Drive, Newport Beach CA 92660. Tel: (949) 760-0221
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – No Host Cocktails; 12:30 p.m. – Lunch & Program
- Cost: Members and their guests, $65 per person. Non-members (not guests), $75. Includes coffee, tea, tax & tip.
- Payment: No later than noon on Wednesday, Sept. 7. For late RSVP, call (818) 502-1988 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 818/502-9040. Mail payment to Coordinator Michael Sholer at 1431 Columbia Drive, Suite 200, Glendale CA 91205-3505 to THIS ADDRESS ONLY! Checks should be made payable to Travelers’ Century Club.
- Parking: Complimentary Valet
- Meal Choices: (must preorder for this meeting): Shrimp Scampi, Chicken Piccatta and Eggplant Parmigiana.