The TCC Mediterranean Chapter held a meeting on Oct. 29 and 30 in the town of Llívia (a Spanish enclave within France) located in the Catalan region of La Cerdanya. Up to 19 travelers of different nationalities attended either in person or online.
Highlights of Saturday, Oct. 29:
- Sharing travel experiences from: Angola, Armenia, Belize, Canada, Mexico, Mustang, Nicaragua, Spain and Uganda.
- The delivery of the first prizes “Mediterranean Challenge” to Joao Paulo Peixoto and Luis Filipe Gaspar.
- The choice of the place that will host the 2023 meeting: ALGER
- Delivery of the Diploma accrediting the Diamond category to Juan Luis Pons.
- The conference by Mr. Bregolat, former ambassador of Spain to China and Russia, explaining the reasons for the Ukraine-Russia conflict.
On Sunday, Oct. 30, the participants visited the French towns of Montlluis and Vilafranca de Conflent (WHS), the monastery of San Martí del Canigó, and they rode on the mountain train “Tren Groc.”
During the meeting the participants were able to enjoy the culinary specialties of the region, among which the “Trinxat de Cerdanya” or “Ànec amb peres.”