Our first TCC meeting of 2015 will be in Houston on April 11, at a location inspired by Chinese New Year. Sylvia Russell has found a charming private room for us at a centrally located Chinese restaurant that was a favorite of Marvin Zindler, and Dr. P. Kay Champion (Gold) will take us back in time.
Details on the logistics and RSVP request are below.
- Meeting Date: April 11, 2015
- Featured Speaker and Topic: Dr. P. Kay Champion (Gold) will share his “Life and Travels as an Army Physician.”
Location: We will be holding our meeting in the private room of the Shanghai River Restaurant at 2407 Westheimer Road in Houston (see www.shanghairiverrestaurant.com).
- Time: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Agenda: Member introductions, chapter updates, featured speaker, 2015 meeting schedule reminder, group photo, networking
- Lunch: We will have the luncheon special, so please bring $15 per person for the meal and let me know your meal preference below when you RSVP so we can pre-order the food:
- Soup: Hot & Sour or Egg Drop Corn
- Appetizer: Crispy Spring Roll, Crab Puff, or Egg Foo Young
- Entree: Sweet & Sour Pork, Hunan Shrimp, Mongolian Beef, General Tso’s Chicken, or Mixed Vegetables
- RSVP: For lunch planning purposes, please RSVP to me with your meal preference by April 5.
- Carpooling: If you are interested in either offering a ride or joining another to head to Houston, contact me and I’ll connect those interested carpoolers.
Also, Lyda has once again secured the Frontiers of Flight Museum for our October meeting, which is confirmed for Oct. 10. This will coincide with OU/TX weekend, so plan accordingly.
Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise I’ll look forward to your RSVP and seeing you all next month.
—Kim-Kay Randt, Area Coordinator