Dear Travelers’ Century Club Member,
The Travelers’ Century Club United Kingdom Chapter will be holding our next meeting on Sunday, Nov. 4, returning to the Terrace Bar, a private meeting room upstairs with an outdoor balcony and panoramic view of the Thames and St Paul’s Cathedral, at the
Doggett’s Coat and Badge
1 Blackfriars Bridge
0207 633 9081
We welcome all members to arrive anytime between 12.30 and 1 p.m. The meeting is likely to finish sometime between 4 and 5 p.m., so please plan accordingly. A three-course lunch will be served shortly after 1 p.m. Please provide your veg/non-veg preferences, which are listed in your RSVP. A cash bar will be available for soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits.
- TCC Updates
- Summary of TCC international meeting in Barcelona
- Briefing by David Langan – Tokelau
- “Memory Lane”*
- Picture anagram results **
- Options for spring 2019 meeting
* Memory Lane: We ask each member/provisional member to bring a photo or other item to the meeting that represents a travel experience that they would no longer be able to repeat. Examples could be places that are now “no-go,” a natural phenomenon that has changed, or simply something that has changed in your own life or with the passing of time. We look forward to hearing your experiences. Guests are also welcome to participate if they wish.
** Although we will not have a full-blown pub quiz this time, each table will receive a travel-related brain teaser. This will be a series of photos that lead to solving an anagram. Prize: a hearty “well done.”
Please RSVP no later than Friday, Sept. 28 (or earlier if possible) so I can give the pub an estimate of how many will attend. Members are encouraged to invite guests.
If attending, please ensure payment for £44.50 per person is made no later than Friday, Oct. 12. I’m afraid I will require payments to be made directly to the TCC UK bank account. Please advise if you require these bank details.
We look forward to seeing you.
TCC Chapter Coordinator, United Kingdom and Ireland