Our next quarterly meeting of the TCC Charter Chapter (Los Angeles/Orange County) will be held on Saturday, June 8, at the historic Tam O’Shanter Inn in Los Angeles, where popular presenter Bill Altaffer will share his adventures from the Black Sea to the Caspian Sea … by two dozen taxis!
Crossing the Caucasus Mountains from Sochi to Makhachkala, Bill used a “pony express of taxis” to keep a low profile through 11 territories (oblasts, krays, etc.).
The Tam O’Shanter, Los Angeles’ oldest restaurant operated by the same family in the same location, will be celebrating its 97th anniversary the month we meet! The restaurant is located just a few blocks east of Interstate 5 (Golden State Freeway), using the Los Feliz Blvd. exit from either the north or south. It is near Griffith Park to the west and Glendale to the east, and is just north of Dodger Stadium and south of the L.A. Zoo. Easy to find; if coming from the south, just stay on Interstate 5 past Downtown L.A., exiting at Los Feliz Blvd.
Here are the meeting details:
- Date: Saturday, June 8, 2019
- Place: Tam O’Shanter Inn, 2980 Los Feliz Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90039. Tel. (323) 664-0228
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – No Host Cocktails; 12:30 p.m. – Luncheon and Program
- Cost: Members and their guests, $60 per person. Non-members (not guests), $75. Includes wine, soft drinks, tax and tip.
- Payment: No later than noon on Wednesday, June 5. For late RSVP, call (818) 502-1988 or email to email@example.com
- Parking: Complimentary
- Meal Choices: (no need to pre-select, order will be taken by server): Signature Brisket Plate, Roasted Chicken, Pan Roasted Scottish Salmon or Seasonal Vegetarian Entree