Our next quarterly meeting of the TCC Charter Chapter (Los Angeles/Orange County) will be held on Saturday, Sept. 14, when we travel once more to the waterfront for a gathering at the Newport Beach Yacht Club.
TCC Vice President Tim Skeet will take us to Tibet, the “Roof of the World,” where he and his wife Lana spent a week on an arranged tour — now the only way to access the country. Tim will share the logistics, tours chosen, and experience of Mount Everest from Tibet’s base camp.
The Newport Beach Yacht Club is located on the mainland just before crossing the bridge to Balboa Island. For easiest access from Pacific Coast Highway (in either direction), turn south onto Bayside Drive and continue to the NBYC, on your right, at the intersection of Jamboree Road. Note: Taking Jamboree south from PCH to Bayside is NOT recommended, as an awkward and dangerous right turn and U-turn is required to enter the parking lot.
Here are the meeting details:
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019
- Place: Newport Beach Yacht Club, 1099 Bayside Drive, Newport Beach CA 92660. Tel: (949) 760-0221
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – No Host Cocktails; 12:30 p.m. – Lunch & Program
- Cost: Members and their guests, $60 per person. Non-members (not guests), $75. Includes wine, soft drinks, tax & tip.
- Payment: No later than noon Wed. September 11. For late RSVP, call (818) 502-1988 or email to email@example.com. Mail payment to Coordinator Michael Sholer at 1431 Columbia Drive, Suite 200, Glendale CA 91205-3505 to THIS ADDRESS ONLY! Checks should be made payable to Travelers’ Century Club.
- Parking: Complimentary Valet
- Meal Choices: (must pre-order for this meeting): Charbroiled Filet Mignon, Charbroiled Swordfish, Chicken Picatta, and Pasta Primavera.