Our next quarterly meeting of the TCC Charter Chapter (Los Angeles/Orange County) will be held on Saturday, Dec. 14, when we return to the popular Lawry’s The Prime Rib for our festive Annual International Holiday Luncheon.
Pauline Chakmakjian, a TCC member who also volunteers as an honorary Visit Kyoto Ambassador, will present “Time and Space in Japan,” exploring the historical ideas about Japanese notions of travel and traveling. The Past (art, spiritual and political history), Present (contemporary culture), and Future (the 2020 Tokyo Olympics) will showcase Japan’s transition from an insular, closed society to a cosmopolitan international center. Lawry’s is located on Beverly Hills’ famous “Restaurant Row,” just one block north of Wilshire Boulevard.
Here are the meeting details:
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 14, 2019
- Place: Lawry’s The Prime Rib, 100 N. La Cienega Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90211. Tel: (310) 652-2827.
- Time: 11:00 a.m. – No Host Cocktails; 12:00 noon – Lunch & Program Note: we are starting 30 minutes earlier than usual for this holiday meeting.
- Cost: Members and their guests, $60 per person. Non-members (not guests), $75. Includes wine, soft drinks, tax and tip.
- Payment: No later than noon on Wednesday, Dec. 11. For late RSVP, call (818) 502-1988 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail payment to Coordinator Michael Sholer at 1431 Columbia Drive, Suite 200, Glendale CA 91205-3505 to THIS ADDRESS ONLY! Make checks payable to TCC.
- Parking: Complimentary Self Parking
- Meal Choices: (must pre-order for this meeting): Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef, Sautéed Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Sauce, Grilled Salmon with Lentils and Mustard-Herb Butter, Butternut Squash Ravioli with Zucchini Spaghetti.