THE SEPTEMBER 2020 PHOTO CONTEST THEM IS ‘MY HOMETOWN/BACKYARD’
Submit your favorite digital photo from your hometown or backyard with a paragraph about your photo — why is it meaningful to you and/or the circumstances under which you took the photo. The theme for June is My Hometown/Backyard. We know nobody is going anywhere. Sell us on why your backyard or home is the next best travel secret!
Please submit (up to three photos) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Timeline for submitting photos is between June 1 and July 15, 2020.
The Travelers’ Century Club® invites members to enter a Photography Competition (“Contest”). BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO ALL RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS (“RULES”).
The competition is open to all regular members of the Club. Board members, Chapter Coordinators of Travelers’ Century Club®, and their families are not eligible to participate.
- You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit—including ownership if applicable—other than those rights licensed in these rules. By entering the Contest, you hereby grant to the TCC:
- (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform the photographs you submit to the Travelers’ Century Club®, and
- (ii) the right to use your name in the Centurian publication and on the TCC Forum.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit. The TCC will not be liable for any errors in attribution other than to make reasonable efforts to correct such errors. The TCC has final approval of any language that appears on its Web site, and in its Centurian newsletter with any of the photos and will not promote or endorse third-party products or services.
WHAT TO ENTER
- We are looking for digital images from your travels.
- Please include a paragraph about your photo—why is it meaningful to you and/or the circumstances under which you took the photo.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to the Travelers’ Century Club® upon request. Entrants must not submit images that infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified. Acceptable methods for standard optimization include removal of dust, cropping, and reasonable adjustments to color and contrast. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable.
HOW TO ENTER
- Enter up to three images (per participant) by emailing to email@example.com.
ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING
- Images should be submitted in .jpg format, at least 2,000 pixels wide (or tall if a vertical image). Please submit your image at the highest possible resolution.
- Entries must be submitted as digital files. Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” above). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to the TCC upon request.
- A panel made up of TCC Board members and Officers will choose the winner and two runners-up. Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit.
- The Travelers’ Century Club® reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
CONTEST CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
- Voting on submissions will be done by TCC Board members and Officers.
- The winner’s photo will be featured in the next Centurian as well as on the TCC website (travelerscenturyclub.org), and they will have the following year’s membership dues waived.
- First and second runner-ups will have their photos printed in the next Centurian as well as on the TCC website (travelerscenturyclub.org).
- Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions allowed. All federal, state or other tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winner.
- By entering this Contest, you agree to the Rules set out herein and to certain additional legal conditions specified below.
- Questions and inquiries about Contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Travelers’ Century Club® (“TCC”), its directors, officers, and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
Each participant in the Contest (“Participant”) is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit photos to the Contest per these rules. You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved with TCC, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in San Diego, California, which court shall apply the laws of California without regard for rules of conflicts of law. IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN PARTICIPANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY) ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. The Contest and the Travelers’ Century Club® Web site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
TCC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Photo Competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the Photo Competition, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. TCC assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. TCC is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, including injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the Photo Contest.
If, for any reason, the Photo Competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of TCC that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, TCC reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Photo Competition.