SUBMIT YOUR ‘CASTLES’ PHOTOS FOR THE JUNE 2022 PHOTO CONTEST
“Castles” is the theme for the March contest! The September “Just For Fun” contest winner Terry Gallagher selected the theme. Submit up to three of your favorite photos from anything to do with “Castles.” The winner will receive a year of free dues. https://pollunit.com/en/polls/tcc-2022-june
Photo submission and viewing is open now until April 15, 2022. Judging will be open from April 15 to April 25, 2022. Details can be found below, in the above pollunit link, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Travelers’ Century Club® invites members to enter a Photography Competition (“Contest”). BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO ALL RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS (“RULES”).
- You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit — including ownership if applicable—other than those rights licensed in these rules. By entering the Contest, you hereby grant to the TCC:
- (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform the photographs you submit to the Travelers’ Century Club®, and
- (ii) the right to use your full name in the Centurian publication, TCC’s digital platforms and your first name on social media.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit. The TCC will not be liable for any errors in attribution other than to make reasonable efforts to correct such errors. The TCC has final approval of any language that appears on its Web site, and in its Centurian newsletter with any of the photos and will not promote or endorse third-party products or services.
- The competition is now open to all members and provisional members of the Club. Voting will be done by the membership using an independent tabulating software program, Pollunit.com, to rate the photos. With this change, Board members and Chapter Coordinators of the Travelers’ Century Club®, together with their families (who are members), are now eligible to participate.
- The software, Pollunit.com, is both GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) compliant and adheres to all privacy protection regulations. The actions of all members of the Travelers’ Century Club® associated with this program are expected to uphold the privacy protection regulations as defined in these two governing regulations.
HOW TO ENTER
- Enter up to three images (per participant)
- Participant link for June’s entry is https://pollunit.com/en/polls/tcc-2022-june
- Submission period: Open to photographers from March. 1, 2022, through April. 15, 2022.
- Voting period: Viewing and voting from April 15, 2022, through April 25, 2022.
- Members having difficulty can still email email@example.com and a committee member will respond.
WHAT TO ENTER
- We are looking for high quality digital images from your travels.
- Please name your photo. This is defined by the “Title” field in pollunit.com.
- Please include a paragraph about your photo—why is it meaningful to you and/or the circumstances under which you took the photo. This is defined by the “Subtitle” field in pollunit.com
- If you choose to include photos with people in your submission, know the regulations of the country you are in. Most countries do not require a release to from the individuals depicted; however, some countries may require to obtain a necessary release from the individuals depicted. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide a copy of such release to the Travelers’ Century Club® upon request. Entrants must not submit images that infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization could be disqualified. Acceptable methods for standard optimization include removal of dust, cropping, and reasonable adjustments to color and contrast. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable.
ELIGIBILITY AND JUDGING
- Images should be submitted in .jpg format, at least 2,000 pixels wide (or tall if a vertical image). Please submit your image at the highest possible resolution.
- Entries must be submitted as digital files. Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see “Your Rights” above). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to the TCC upon request.
- Members will vote on all photos. The photo contest committee (10 members randomly chosen by the editor) will have oversight on this process, determine eligibility, monitor the Pollunit.com program and tabulate the ratings. They will advise the editor who the winner and two runners-up are. In the unlikely event of a tie-breaker, the phot ocontest committee and editor (11 people) will decide the winning entry. Winners can expect to be contacted by the editor to refine any message that will appear in the Centurian.
- The date range for submitting and voting will be in the link shown on Pollunit.com. The link will be made available in the Centurian, upon request with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through your coordinator.
- The Travelers’ Century Club® reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
CONTEST CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
- The winner’s photo will be featured in the next Centurian as well as on the TCC website (travelerscenturyclub.org), and they will have the following year’s membership dues waived.
- First and second runner-ups will have their photos printed in the next Centurian as well as on the TCC website (travelerscenturyclub.org).
- Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions allowed. All federal, state or other tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winner.
- By entering this Contest, you agree to the Rules set out herein and to certain additional legal conditions specified below.
- Questions and inquiries about Contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com.
By entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Travelers’ Century Club® (“TCC”), its directors, officers, representatives and members, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
Each participant in the Contest (“Participant”) is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit photos to the Contest per these rules. You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved with TCC, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in Los Angeles, California, which court shall apply the laws of California without regard for rules of conflicts of law. IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN PARTICIPANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY) ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. The Contest and the Travelers’ Century Club® Web site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
TCC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Photo Competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the Photo Competition, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. TCC assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. TCC is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, including injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the Photo Contest.
If, for any reason, the Photo Competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of TCC that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, TCC reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Photo Competition.