The New York TCC Chapter welcomes you back to lunch meetings with an exciting program featuring three speakers on Antarctica, South Georgia and South Sandwich and the Falklands, and the South Pole! Reconnect with other members over lunch at the fabulous Toledo Restaurant, serving New Yorkers the classic cuisine of Spain since 1975.
- Date: March 25, 2023
- Time: 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Venue: Toledo, 6 East 36th (btw Fifth & Madison), New York NY 10016
- RSVP: RSVP to email@example.com for pricing and payment details.
- Cathy Shelton presents Antarctica 101… How to visit three TCC Antarctic territories, select a line and ship, general itineraries, shore excursions and where they land, and what to expect.
- Bill Datema, visiting from the Atlanta Chapter, joins us to present Antarctica, plus the two TCC territories South Georgia and South Sandwich and the Falklands, renowned for their animal life.
- Sherri Donovan, fresh from circumnavigating the South Pole to visit all 7 TCC Antarctic territories, shares the experience of her trip with Antarctic Logistics Expedition (ALE), the only touring company with a US permit to set up camp at the South Pole.
- Khadija Musa will open with a capsule presentation on her experience travelling the Global South during her 30-year career with the United Nations.
LUNCHEON AT TOLEDO RESTAURANT
Enjoy a three-course Spanish buffet lunch with multiple selections for appetizers, main course, and desserts and coffee. Beverages and full bar available on individual tabs. We’ll alternate the food courses and presentations to ensure a relaxing, yet exciting, afternoon. You won’t need dinner!