Our next quarterly meeting of the TCC Charter Chapter (Los Angeles/Orange County) will be held on Saturday, Sept. 9, when we travel once more to the waterfront for a gathering at the Newport Beach Yacht Club.
TCC member and travel professional Kim Hester will take us on a spellbinding journey to Patagonia, the vast southernmost tip of South America, where we will marvel at glaciers, fjords, ragged peaks, vast forests and snow-capped mountains in both Argentina and Chile.
The Newport Beach Yacht Club is located on the mainland just before crossing the bridge to Balboa Island. For easiest access from Pacific Coast Highway (in either direction), turn south onto Bayside Drive and continue to the NBYC, on your right, at the intersection of Jamboree Road. Note: Taking Jamboree south from PCH to Bayside is NOT recommended as an awkward and dangerous right turn and U-turn is required to enter the parking lot.
Here are the meeting details:
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 9, 2023
- Place: Newport Beach Yacht Club, 1099 Bayside Drive, Newport Beach CA 92660. Tel: (949) 760-0221
- Time: 11:30 a.m. – No Host Cocktails; 12:30 p.m. – Lunch and Program
- Cost: Members and their guests, $65 per person. Non-members (not guests), $75. Includes coffee, tea, tax and tip.
- Payment: No later than noon Wednesday, Sept. 6. For late RSVP, call (818) 502-1988 or email to email@example.com. Mail payment and meal choice to Coordinator Michael Sholer at 1431 Columbia Drive, Suite 200, Glendale CA 91205-3505 to THIS ADDRESS ONLY! Checks should be made payable to Travelers’ Century Club. Due to slow mail, please mail early or use phone/email options with credit card information (card, number, expiration, security code) to these secure numbers.
- Parking: Complimentary Valet
- Meal Choices (must pre-order with your RSVP for this meeting): Catalina Island Sand Dabs (sautéed with lemon butter and capers), Chicken Piccata (chicken breast sautéed in a lemon butter caper sauce) and Eggplant Parmigiana (with zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and onions).